Culture – the way of life of a group of people passed down from one generation to the next through learning
Enculturation – learning our native culture(s) in childhood
Acculturation – adapting to another culture
Culture shock – the stress associated with acculturation

Saturday, June 28, 2008

UNHCR video week

I'm going on vacation today - weehee! Maruka and I are going to Bermuda, and we're very excited to report back about the cultural quirks of that little bit of the world. I'm especially excited because I know nothing about it - I know there's a triangle, and shorts, but that's about it.
So will I be blogging from the cruise ship? No. But there will still be new material on this blog thanks to blogger's many nifty features. Over the next week I'll be posting videos from the UNHCR You Tube channel. They're really well done, and as many of you know refugee issues are near and dear to my heart. Have a good week!

No comments: